ATTENTION: All submissions must be submitted to the correct medium folder
Welcome to #The-Original-Magic, a group that focuses on traditional art, such as: pencil, pen, crayon, paint, pastel, chalk, clay, etc. If you love making art with those media, please feel free to join!
Why did I chose the name, The-Original-Magic? Well, these traditional materials were what people originally made art (magic) with. I love traditional art. It's the good ol' fashioned way to make art.
Some things you should know before joining:
- You can only submit 2 (two) deviations per day.
- Founder and Co-Founder requests are not allowed.
- Contributors must be approved by the founder.
- Anyone can become a member. Member requests are automatically approved.
- Anyone can become a watcher.
- Deviations submitted must be approved by the founders and contributors.
- Favs are voted on.
- Only submit your best work, not your whole gallery.
-***Please have your submission cleaned and ready for viewing purposes. What this means is that you must have the photo cropped, with your watermark/personal signature, and proper lighting.****
- Submissions must be TRADITIONAL. No digital please!
ABSOLUTELY NO PHOTOSHOP OR ANY DIGITAL EDITING!!
CONTRIBUTORS: Guidelines on accepting submissions.
First and most important one: It must be traditional art
I know some people have a different perspective on what's traditional and what's not, so here's what's allowed in this group.
- flat pieces made in pencil, colored pencil, marker, paint, ink, etc.
- sculptures made in clay, glass, and any other material (there's someone who makes flowers with soda cans, so I mean stuff like that. 'found materials')
- food art (cakes and stuff. We occasionally get those too)
- hand-made jewelry
- artisan crafts (stuff you can stitch and sew)
- tutorials on how to make a certain type of traditional art
- collages made with mixed media (cannot be digital)
So basically it's things you can physically see, touch, smell, etc.
WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED:
- digital paintings
If you're not sure if something's digital or not, hover over the deviation to see what category it was submitted in.
Another important rule:
In this group, we accept everything as long as it follows our rules. Please don't only accept pieces you like. I don't want to discourage anyone who's deviation wasn't submitted because it 'wasn't good enough' even though it followed all the rules.
Thank you for your cooperation.